Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year!... okay so Im a week late!

Sorry I have been absent for the past week.  After the holidays I took a little me time to get organized and to be honest, lazy! lol.  But now it's time to get back on track!

We had a wonderful time on New Years Eve.  I had a small get together here at the house, just a few friends and their children. I spent two days preparing food (not an ENTIRE two days),  but since I had such a picky bunch, it was a challenge. One friend is a vegetarian (but will eat seafood). Another wont eat veggies.  In the end I prepared a shrimp cocktail platter, meat and cheese platter, crab stuffed mushrooms, spinach dip in a sourdough bowl, a veggie platter, deviled eggs, mini bbq chicken and pineapple kabobs, fiesta rollups, baked potato skins, and lil smokies wrapped in crescent dough and baked.  Everyone found food they liked and chowed down.  Then we settled in for a good game of mad gab. I'd never played it before, but what a hoot! Guess thats the next family game to buy.


The Feast





 Dearest Friends


And more


And more... Im blessed.

Since my birthday was Sunday, the 3rd, we decided to celebrate on Saturday, and headed to the Looney Bin Comedy Club in Tulsa. What a great, and inexpensive way to celebrate.  Note to self: Go to the comedy club more often!

Of course, over the course of that weekend, I gained back the few pounds I'd lost the week before, but I got back on track Monday, and have lost all of them again, plus another.  And I haven't started exercising again yet.  Which brings me to my next decision... what do I do with the the money I received for christmas.  I'm torn  between a body bugg or an eliptical machine for my home. Guess I'll go price the machine today and put some thought into it.  I would like to get a gym membership as well, but I know me.  And I'll be more likely to get that workout in EVERY day if I have the machine at home. I've got hand weights and videos, and the eliptical would be a great addition, since I could use it and watch my shows at the same time! (DVR is wonderful.) 

I have been struggling with a sore throat and severe headaches this week. Not sure what that is about. I don't feel ill.  So I'll just keep taking my vitamins and resting a little more, and see what happens I guess. In the mean time, I'm trying to figure out if I need to turn down the offer to play a set at the songwriters showcase this Friday night.  I'm kind of starting to lean that direction, but I'll wait it out just a little longer. I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year! (And am I the only one who hasn't taken down the tree yet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment