Saturday, December 26, 2009

Quiet Christmas



Merry (belated) Christmas everyone.  The day just kind of got away from me this year.  With the snow and ice coming in, I allowed the kids dad to come pick them up early on christmas eve, which meant it was a quiet christmas for me and my two mutts, Lucky and Mitzy.  Bet you can guess which is which!



So there it was, Christmas Eve, the snow blowing like crazy, leaving drifts like ocean waves (to be fair, im talking atlantic, not pacific), and I nestled in with a good book, and good company (the aforementioned pooches).

Of course, it was such a good book that I couldn't help but continue on Christmas day.  ALL day.  I finally finished it at 1030pm on Christmas. I haven't read like that in a long time.  Maybe that is why I had given up on my novel. I'd just lost interest. I think I'm regaining some of that interest. Now I just have to get reaquainted with what my publisher is looking for these days, finish that final chapter, and do some major editing.

So this morning I thought I would sit and think about what committments to make to myself this year, and how im going to fit it all in. Top five include working out, playing guitar and working up some playable sets, reading more, finishing my book, improving my home and landscaping my yard, to include a wonderful garden. Fitting all that in with a full time job and spending as much time as possible with my kids will be a challenge.  But a challenge I welcome.

 

I did learn to get an early start on one of those resolutions.  I've played guitar a bit more this week and have a full set together now.  Those songs are:
1) Shoot the Eagles - an original
2) Deaf, Dumb, and Blind - another original
3) You Were Meant for Me - Jewel
4) Who Will Save Your Soul - Jewel
5) The First Cut is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow
6) The Climb - Miley Cyrus
7) Talking About a Revolution - Tracy Chapman
8) Bubbly - Colbie Callait
9) Dear Mr. President - Pink
10) Me and Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
11) Theres More to Me Than You - Jessica Andrews
12) Jolene - Dolly Parton
13) Inside Your Heaven - Carrie Underwood

There are others I can play, but these are actually stage ready. Mostly. Theres always room for improvement. My new one is "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood.  Realized I needed some more upbeat stuff unless I wanted a sleeping crowd.

Today I head to the gym and renew my membership and get that first workout over with....again.  Feels like I'm always starting over. At present, I weigh... 285 lbs. Oh god, I said it.  Out loud.  Ok, so it was out loud in my head, but boy was it LOUD.  Needless to say, I've got a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal. But for now, I only plan to worry about 10 lbs at a time.  My goal is 10 lbs a month. So by next christmas, if I can maintain that momentum, I will be so close to my goal weight.  I'm also thinking of starting a seperate blog just for my weight loss.  I don't want to muddle up the 'fun' stuff with the mundane, but I still want to feel I'm holding myself accountable.  In fact. I think I'll get that puppy started. Happy Holidays everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following my blog! Hope you enjoy it. I wish I could play the guitar but it's one of those things I never really tried.

    ReplyDelete